Call for Submissions – Write for US
The Young Politicians and Leaders Network (YPLN), is calling for submissions of poems, essays, photography or other visual arts for publication in the brochure for its maiden Young African Leaders Summit (Y.A.L.S 2019). We are especially interested in underrepresented voices of all kinds that convey a unique perspective and an insight into the African world.
Previously published work will not be considered, and this includes work published on social media and personal websites. The essays will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Content and relevance in terms of Africa’s development
- Innovation and creativity.
Publications will be credited to respective writers.
Entries can be in any of the following areas:
b. Photography (include image descriptions/context)
c. Short Essays on the topics below:
- Digital Innovation: How it can Drive Outcomes for the Future
- Should we give Agriculture its place in modern African economies?
- The Role of the African Youth in the entrepreneurial prospects of the continent
- Only one essay per entrant will be permitted.
- Entrant must be aged between 18 and 40
- The writer must be a national of, or ordinarily resident in an African Country
- Essay should be written in English, French or Swahili. (English is most preferred)
- The essay (in word document)
Include your name, one-sentence bio, country, email address and phone number.
- Professional headshot
by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use “YALS Brochure Submission” as email subject.
Deadline: 3rd September, 2019
Writers whose entries are selected will be notified prior to publication.
By submitting your write-up, you confirm that:
- you have read and thoroughly understood the rules and requirements as explained above.
- you meet the eligibility requirements outlined above.
- the work submitted is your own original work and hereby grant permission for this essay and your name and picture as the author to be used by YALS in public communications